Friday, December 12, 2008

Never thought I'd be a morning person

Okay, I'm still not a morning person, but I did manage to get up unreasonably early (4:45am) three days this week to go to the gym and get my scheduled runs done. I did six miles on Tuesday, four on Wednesday, and six on Thursday as per the TNT schedule. It wasn't much fun but I'm so glad I did it, because otherwise I would have ended up skipping runs due to a busy week.

It's amazing to me how many people are at the gym at that hour of the morning. The dedication is really impressive and inspiring. I don't think I'll make a regular habit of early morning gym visits, but I think I'll be doing it for at least until Christmas break rolls around.

Tomorrow I'll be running 12 miles with TNT. Fortunately, this 12-miler will be outside rather than on the treadmill. I really don't ever want to be on a treadmill for that long again! The only thing that will change my mind is ice. If the path at the park is icy, then off to the gym I'll go. I already fell on my butt on the ice once this week, while walking to my car. I don't care to repeat the experience!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cathy you are such an inspiration! I just saw you have gone over your goal in fund raising. Way to go! I am so proud of you and will pray for your continued journey to a strong finish. I feel as if I need to go run a 5K after reading all your accomplishments. ;) I am cheering you on! =)

Cathy said...

Thanks, Wendy! I was very happy to reach my fund raising goal, and it's all due to generous people like you. :)