Thursday, January 8, 2009

Still loving it

I've run two more times since my last post and I did indeed do three intervals at the faster speed. It's challenging me and I love it. It's like I had some sort of running epiphany - it can be lots of fun to push yourself! Who knew? :)

Tomorrow the schedule calls for two measly miles. I'll get up early to do those before work, like I have done lately. It really starts my day off right.

I'm at 18 1/2 miles so far this year, so a long way to go to reach my goal of 1,000 miles. I'd like to have more mileage these days but I'm doing what Coach Sandy says and respecting the taper. I don't want to end up injured right before the half marathon so I'm following the schedule. But after 1/18, then I can do what I want for a while. Some time in February, I'll have to dig up a good half marathon training schedule and start prepping for Bayshore in May.

Also, once I get back from Phoenix I'll start working on strength training, which is one of my other fitness goals this year.

No comments: