Saturday, March 14, 2009

This week's update

This week was mostly a treadmill week for me. Nothing really interesting to report. On Wednesday, I did two runs in one day for the first time ever. Ran 3 1/2 miles before work and another 4 after work. It just worked out that was how I could best fit my runs in this week.

Today Vicki and I met at the park for a run. I had 10 miles to do while she had 6 on her schedule. It was a bit colder than last week (around 25 today) but nice and sunny. Plus, once again we lucked out with no wind so that made it feel pretty good.

For some reason we were faster than usual today. It felt pretty good so we went with it. We ended up over 30 seconds per mile faster than our run last week. After Vicki left and I continued on, I thought I might slow down but in fact I picked up my pace by a couple of seconds per mile. I finished my 10 miles without any problems and now I have hope that I may actually be able to beat my time from the RNR Arizona half marathon when I do a half in May.

No comments: