Monday, September 22, 2008

Another 5k

I enjoyed my first 5k race experience so much that I've signed up for another one. I'll be running in The Brooksie Way 5k on Sunday, October 5. My goal is simply to run my heart out and beat the time I achieved at the St. John Applefest 5k. I know I can do better!

I chose this one because it's coming up soon and also because it takes place on a Sunday instead of Saturday. Saturdays are when TNT group training runs are held and I want to make sure to go to as many of those as possible. I still put in the miles either way, but it's nice to have the support of the group.

I'll be in search of more 5k races that I can do in the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, you are doing so awesome. What a total inspiration you are. To think I have missed so much of your training. Please keep us posted on any other 5k's you will be running. I would love to come cheer you on if possible!

Cathy said...

You haven't missed that much! I've only been a member of Team in Training for two weeks. :) If I do any races that are anywhere in your neck of the woods, I'll definitely let you know.