Friday, September 26, 2008

The training continues

This week I had to mix up my training schedule a little bit. I was scheduled to do a 4-mile run on Tuesday and 3 miles on Thursday. I did the 4 miles on Tuesday without a problem, which made me really happy.

Since I was going out of town for work from Wednesday evening through Thursday night, I decided to move my 3-mile run to Wednesday morning instead. My legs felt totally dead for some reason - maybe those 4 miles on Tuesday, on top of Sunday's 6 mile run and 5 mile hike, were taking their toll. Yet when I checked my time at the end of the run it turns out that it was my fastest pace all week. Not that my fastest pace is ever fast!

So I didn't run on Thursday or today and I'm itching to get back to it. I don't want to overtrain so I'm following the schedule as faithfully as I can, so I kept today as an off day as planned. But tomorrow, we have a 6-mile training run. Unlike last week I am totally looking forward to this! It's going to be a group run and a big event. More about that tomorrow!

No comments: