Thursday, October 9, 2008

All caught up

This week's training schedule called for 4 miles on Tuesday, 3 miles on Wednesday and another 3 miles today. I did Tuesday's miles but I blew off the Wednesday run because it was raining and frankly, I was feeling lazy. But then I was overcome with guilt and figured I'd make up those 3 miles on Friday (which is supposed to be a day off).

This morning I got up at 6am and did my 3 miles before work, as planned. During the day I saw that the photos were online from the 5k that I ran last Sunday. Holy moley, I saw that I have some pretty bad running form. I clench my fists too tightly and hold them up to my chest too much. I felt pretty motivated to work on my form.

It was so beautiful when I got home from work (60 degrees and sunny) that I decided to go ahead and run those 3 miles that I missed yesterday. I noticed that unless I was consciously focusing on it, my hands would clench into fists and come up across my chest again. Definitely need to keep working on that, but I made some improvements.

So now I'm all caught up and I can take tomorrow off guilt free, to rest up for the 7 miles I'll be running on Saturday.

No comments: