Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's been a great week!

This week has been going great. On Wednesday morning I did two miles, which was just about the right amount after Tuesday evening's six-miler. On Thursday morning, I ran three miles. Friday was a rest day (woo hoo!)

Today was wonderful. It was a group run day at Stony Creek Metro Park and I was scheduled for seven miles. This was my first time running with the group at Stony. There were a lot more people there than I thought there would be. Always nice to have a big group around. It was COLD outside. Only 36 degrees as I arrived at the park! Didn't take long to warm up once we started running, though.

We all started out together but I soon fell behind since I keep a slower pace than the others. Our team's mentor, Debbie, stayed with me for the first 3 1/4 miles before she split off to do a longer run along a different path. She is such a sweetheart! I really love to talk with her. She's very encouraging and supportive, and just plain interesting. It made those first miles go by quickly.

I'm proud to say that I finished out the rest of the seven miles without any walk breaks. And I actually stayed a little ahead of my usual pace, which was really a nice surprise since I'm not worrying about trying to get faster at this point.

No comments: