Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Getting caught up!

Despite my absence from posting, I've still been running. My run with my old TNT buddies on 1/24 was the last time I ran outside - it's been treadmill all the way.

Probably my favorite run since then was on January 29th. I woke up unbelievably early that day (4am) and decided to head for the gym instead of going back to sleep. I had no particular running agenda because I wasn't training for a race. So I just ran for the pure fun of it and found myself doing seven miles. Seven miles on a treadmill would normally be boring, but I just got into a zone and really enjoyed the heck out of it. It just felt great to run.

This past Saturday, David and I were at a hotel up north because we had plans to go snowmobiling. I woke up half an hour earlier than I needed to, so I decided to hit the hotel treadmill for a few miles. That felt good, too. And it was a good thing I got those miles in because then I ended up throwing my back out and had to take a couple of days off from running. I was supposed to start my new half marathon training schedule yesterday, but I decided it was more important to let my back get better. I'm feeling great today so I started race training, just an easy four-mile run. Which felt great, and too short. I'm sensing a theme here - I'm really enjoying running these days!

No comments: