Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Slight change of plans

Today was supposed to be a non-running day. However, the weather report calls for super-nasty snow and rain during tomorrow morning's commute. So I figured I should do Wednesday morning's run tonight instead, so I have some hope of leaving the house early and getting to work on time. (Which begs the question, why am I still awake when it's almost midnight?)

In any case, it was one of those runs where I didn't get into my groove until after three miles had gone by. The run was a one-mile warm up, three miles at tempo, and then a one mile cool down. After I completed three miles I didn't have to talk myself through every quarter mile any more. Some runs are just less fun than others for some reason, but I did feel great when I was done.

I think the main issues were that I was hungry and also I like to just go home and relax after work. All in all, morning running works better for me but tonight was good and I'm glad I did it.

No comments: