Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back on track

Today I did another nine mile run with the TNT team. It went well, though it was freaking windy out today and rained just a tiny bit. I did walk a couple of times when the wind was too much for me to fight.

This was the first time I've run since I did three miles this past Sunday. Work was crazy busy this week, I was tired all the time, and I just wasn't up to it. It felt good to give my foot a break to heal up, too. The foot definitely feels better. Not back to 100% but still feeling pretty good even after running today. We'll see how it goes. My sister-in-law, the awesome Milissa, gave me contact info for a great podiatrist she knows who also happens to be a marathon runner. So I'll get an appointment with him if the foot continues to be a problem.

In other TNT-related news, I hit my minimum fundraising goal of $3500 this week. It felt awesome to get there. Of course, now I'd like to see how much higher I can push it by the time the race rolls around in January. Would be quite lovely to get to $4000 or even higher!

No comments: