Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another tempo run

Planned: 5 miles
Actual: 5.1 miles

This morning's schedule called for another tempo run. I'm pleased to say that even though I didn't feel like it at first, I got out there and did it. Sitting here now, five minutes after finishing, I feel totally invigorated even though my legs are tired. I could get addicted to this feeling.

Today's run was a mile longer than last week's tempo run. My pace was 10 seconds/mile slower than last week, but still a lot faster than the McMillan Running Calculator says my tempo runs should be. I would worry about that a little, except that I know I have a lot more potential for speed than my race times indicate so I think it's okay that I'm going faster than McMillan says. I walk faster than the time the calculator tells me to use for my long run pace!

I'll be very interested to see how my next race goes after I spend some more time doing quality workouts.

No comments: