Friday, July 16, 2010

Tempo run!

Tempo runs are hard! This is why when I trained for my first marathon, I usually was lazy and skipped them. I would see those tempo runs on my training schedule and decide to just run the distance at an easy pace instead. This may be part of the reason why I struggled my way through the marathon.

This year, I decided it would be different. Except that up to this point, I was still being lazy and not doing the tempo runs. That changed this morning. I had a tempo run on the schedule and by God, I went out there and did it. And yep, it was hard. But I feel fantastic! Seems that I rarely push myself when I run (back to that old laziness thing) and it turns out that it actually feels pretty good to push myself.

Now I just need to keep this up until November and I'll be fine. :)

No comments: