Saturday, August 7, 2010

Not my best week

I've been a real slacker this week. After last week's excellent 16 miler, I didn't run on Sunday or Monday. I ran on Tuesday, but only 3.5 miles. Then I didn't run on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. What is happening to me!?!?

I had plans to meet some friends for a long run this morning, so I was committed and that was one run that wouldn't get skipped. I was out late last night with friends, and had a great time, but that isn't so smart when the alarm is going off at 5:30am. So I showed up for the run today with trepidation, a lot of yawning, a poor attitude, and legs that haven't run much lately. What a surprise, when I go into a run expecting it to be difficult, it turns out to be really difficult.

I'm very grateful for my running buddies Joanne and Anna, who helped me get through 12 miles today. I'll be sure not to skip so much running during the week and next weekend Joanne and I will kick butt on the 17-miler we have planned. Onward and upward!

No comments: